Compliance Specialist - Lending
Location: 507 N. Gray St., Killeen, United States
Role Type: Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
* Research regulatory issues and respond to compliance questions from Bank personnel, using legal and regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, Bank legal counsel and professional associations/organizations, as appropriate.
* Manage and respond to "Compliance 911" surveys. Escalate surveys, as applicable, to the appropriate Compliance personnel.
* Serve as the subject matter expert in lending compliance for the bank's lines of business
* Assist the Director on Compliance with administering and maintaining the Bank's Compliance Management Program and Regulatory Change Matrix in order to ensure compliance with all consumer protection laws as well as state and federal regulations.
* Interpret regulatory requirements, the impact of legislative changes, and effectively communicate the potential impact to affected business lines to ensure they are fully informed. Conduct gap analysis for associated business units.
* Review regulatory risks associated with new business initiatives, new products/services and process changes identifying conditions required to comply with applicable rules and regulations.
* Assist the Director of Compliance with Regulatory Implementation; to include tracking regulatory change, performing regulatory impact analysis, scheduling workgroup meetings, working with various business units within FCBI to ensure that affected procedures and technology needed are updated as required, testing, training and follow up.
* Advice the lines of business of options and alternative methods of remediating regulatory compliance issues identified through self-assessments, compliance monitoring, compliance testing, internal audits and regulatory examinations.
* Develop and present lending unit specific training materials with the assistance of Learning and Development.
* Assist with developing, updating and performing risk assessments, including the design and execution.
* Assist with developing, maintaining and revising the Bank's compliance policies and procedures.
* Develop and manage strong working relationships with the business units.
* Manage Compliance content on the Intranet
* Provide input regarding compliance concerns relevant to the products and services currently offered by the Banks and to changes to the products and services currently offered by the Banks.
* Collaborate with and assist the first line of defense in the identification and documentation of relevant monitoring activities as well as achieving regulatory compliance.
* Prepare and compile data for applicable audits/examinations
* Partner with business liaisons and compliance counterparts to maintain open communication and successful working relationships.
* Serve as the project manager for secondary market quality control (QC) audits to ensure compliance with the quality control policy.
* Create and maintain QC audit report summaries
* Travel as necessary
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be able to remain in a sitting or standing in stationary position for extended periods of time
* Require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing on an electronic keyboard
* Operate a computer and other office machinery for extended periods of time
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
EOE Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
* At least 18 years of age
* Minimum of 3 years previous bank compliance experience required
* Experience in an audit environment
* Thorough understanding of federal compliance regulations for financial institutions
* Able to effectively communicate
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
* Must work under minimal supervision and utilize available resources
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
* CRCM preferred
* Must successfully pass background investigation according to company policy
* Must be able to get along with co-workers and work effectively in a team environment